Support The Institute of Noetic Sciences!
5 Easy Ways to Help Before Dec. 31
Make a Difference With These Smart Donation Options
The end of the year will be here before we know it. It is important to start planning now for how you want to make an impact this year. There are many gift options from which to choose, several of which offer attractive benefits for you while supporting Institute of Noetic Sciences. Here are five popular ways to help before the year comes to a close:
- Give cash. Cash is an easy way to give each year and can be used to prepay a pledge. To document a cash gift of any amount, you must have a dated receipt from IONS. Make certain you receive one. A canceled check provides sufficient documentation only for gifts by check if they are less than $250.
- Give appreciated stock or other property. When you give property to IONS, we’ll sell it and you will eliminate all the capital gains tax you would have paid had you sold it. Your gift will be deductible at its full fair market value on its date of delivery if you have held it for more than one year.
- Invest in a life income plan. A life income gift provides you with payments for the rest of your life and IONS with support thereafter. If you use appreciated securities that you’ve owned longer than a year to fund the gift, you will be entitled to an income tax deduction based, in part, on the charitable portion of the securities’ full value, in addition to eliminating up-front capital gains tax.
- Give real estate, artwork or other tangible personal property. Give property that would have resulted in the greatest capital gain if you would have sold the asset instead.
- Donate an insurance policy. A gift of a life insurance policy you no longer need makes a perfect year-end gift. To qualify as a deductible gift, IONS must become the policy owner. For most types of insurance policies, your tax deduction is usually the cost basis or the fair market value of the policy—whichever is less.
Giving Made Easy at Institute of Noetic Sciences
Contact Christie Larson at 707.779.8215 or firstname.lastname@example.org for helpful tips about getting the most from your gift this year.
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under this agreement, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.